This is an extract from the rules, if you are a member and would like a copy of the full set of rules please apply to the Club Secretary, John Miller.
- The Club is a members' club, with a committee of members (“the Committee”) responsible for its management.
- The Club is non-profit making. Surpluses or assets will not be distributed to members, even on dissolution.
- Membership of the Club is open to anyone interested in the sport of Real Tennis regardless of sex, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or other beliefs. This shall be subject to the available facilities on a non-discriminatory basis.
- The Club premises shall be open between such hours as the Committee may from time to time determine. The general appearance of the Club and its grounds must be respected by members.
- Members are responsible for the conduct and dress code of their guests.
- Players are required to wear predominantly white clothing when playing tennis. Coloured track suits should be worn only whilst warming up.
- No notices shall be put up or removed from any part of the Club without the consent of the Secretary of the Club.
- Unless specifically authorised by the Committee, no member may supply the address of the Club in any advertisement or use the Club address or use its list of members or their physical or electronic addresses for any business purpose.
- All complaints must be addressed in writing to the secretary of the Club.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- The Committee will make provisions, as far as reasonably practicable, for the health, safety , welfare and child protection aspects of employees, volunteers, members and their guests whilst they are present at the tennis club, in compliance with the relevant club rules and legal requirements.
- Employees, volunteers, members and guests have a duty to take reasonable care of their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their actions or omissions whilst they are at the tennis club or at one of its events. Members of the club in charge of children must exercise full control and supervision over those children.
- Further detail is to be found in the Club's Health and Safety Policy Document which is available from the Honorary Secretary.